about 1 month ago
* Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on natural gas fired internal combustion engines, reciprocating and rotary gas compressors.
* General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms.
* Installation and maintenance of plant, pipeline, and compressor components including mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components associated with each.
* Troubleshoot and maintain mechanical equipment associated with ETPFS needs.
* Diagnose and correct problems associated with 4-cycle and 2-cycle reciprocating engines, Gas fired turbines and centrifugal gas compressor w/ dry gas seal system.
* Read and use drawings and schematics, including Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and P&ID.
* Extensive knowledge of DOT 192 as it pertains to required testing and documentation for pipelines and compressor stations.
* PM schedules associated with natural gas fired turbines, 2-cycle and 4 cycle reciprocating engines. Familiarity with emission testing and Navajo Nation EPA air permit requirements.
* Able to support call out/on call requirements.
* Maintains records for required state, federal and company procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment
* Required to climb about equipment and work in close proximities.
* Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
* Follows and adheres to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, ear plugs, FRCs).
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
* Climbs and works at various heights.
* May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
* Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs.
* Regularly gets in and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads.
* May be subject to overtime, shift work and call-outs.
* Minimum 2-5 years' experience troubleshooting and maintaining mechanical equipment.
* Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in natural gas transmission operations and maintenance.
* Must be qualified or able to qualify in Mechanical Skills as defined by the company Skill Progression Program within management established deadlines.
* Possess a desire to advance individual skills (OQ task for on-call) as assigned by management, and within defined deadlines.
* Hands-on Mechanic experience performing preventative maintenance on reciprocating and rotary compressor, gas fired natural gas engine / compressor packages.
* High School diploma or G.E.D
* Associates of Applied Science in Natural Gas Compression is preferred but not required.
* Experience with Site Specific Compressor Software
* Basic Computer and Microsoft Office skills
* Willing to accept responsibility and accountability with a positive attitude and be a team player.
* Good communication skills.
* Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices.
* Must be physically able to climb stairs, operate valves and pumps and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
* Must be willing to work night callouts, weekends and holidays according to the normal operating schedule.
* Ability to work safely and adhere to all federal, state and company policies and procedures governing safe work practices.
* Ability to meet requirements of State and Federal regulations governing vehicle operations.
* Associates Degree in Natural Gas or Commensurate Experience.
* Experience performing maintenance and repair on White Superior, Waukesha, Caterpillar, and etc. natural gas fired engines and Ariel, Superior, Ingersoll Rand, Frick, etc. natural gas compressors.
* Working knowledge of MS Office and should be comfortable with computers in general.
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
North America, United States, Illinois, Joliet
$10k - $15k
5 days ago
only 23 days until close