about 1 month ago
Job Description :
Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls and modifies aircraft systems and powerplants in accordance with established written procedures, specifications, and standards.
* ****Each individual that applies to perform a safety-sensitive function, will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines*****
* Ability to read and speak English.
* Ability to comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram and schedule form.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to grasp, handle and/or feel, perform repetitive movements, twist and work overhead. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, sit, and/or crawl in/on aircraft. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and will require hearing protection. In addition, the employee shall promote an effective use of company and customer assets to ensure ground and flight safety. Employee must work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
Employee must provide own tools and tool box.
Experience in Depot level PDM maintenance on P3 and/or C-130 aircraft. Ability to identify and troubleshoot aircraft systems and components. Flight controls, engine and prop rigging experience a plus.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Greenville South Carolina
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9/80 A: (Autotime System)
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, Ohio
$10k - $15k