about 1 month ago
Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, reconditions and services oil field equipment, systems and components to ensure continuous operation with all appropriate regulations, and Basic's policies, practices and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
Area Manager/Area Superintendent
* Performs diagnosis and provides consultation for problems on various types of oil well service equipment based on reports from the field
* Checks mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary or determines other actionable steps to resolve issues
* Performs required repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
* Consults with DOT drivers at checkpoints to assist in resolving problems as necessary
* Acts as liaison between drivers and management in resolving mechanical issues
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Cleans, lubricates, or adjust parts equipment, or machinery
* Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work
* May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
* Perform various other duties as assigned by Area Manager/Area Superintendent.
Qualifications and Skills
* Minimum 3 years' experience as mechanic
* Extensive knowledge of diesel engines or oilfield equipment
* Class A CDL Driver's license and acceptable MVR
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors and well service personnel.
* Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change quickly
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English
* Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
* Ability to work in an often times fast paced atmosphere under pressure in emergency situations
* Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
* ASC certified
* Mobility, including entering confined spaces, enter areas by the use of ladders or other access devices up to 10 feet; ability to bend, stoop, twist, stand long periods, squat, crawl and walk
* Occasional lifting and carrying of 10 ? 50 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
Typical Working Conditions
* Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
* Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
* Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
* Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
* Highly competitive salaries
* Benefits programs
* Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, Ohio
$10k - $15k
12 days ago
only 16 days until close