about 1 month ago
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Mount Pleasant, TN
Patriot Rail has an immediate opening for a skilled Mechanic. This position is a technical and skilled role responsible for inspecting, servicing, and repairing company-owned heavy equipment and vehicles both in the maintenance shop and in the field. The mechanic position requires experience servicing and performing maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on roadway equipment and fleet vehicles in a safe, efficient, quality minded and client-focused manner.
* Conduct all aspects of repair and maintenance of roadway equipment and vehicle fleets as required.
* Facilitate spotting and pulling of railcars with train crews.
* Maintain all equipment and keep in good working order.
* Work Safely and Efficiently.
* Completes work as directed by supervisors.
* Maintain accurate records of equipment repairs performed.
* Other duties as assigned, as requested or required.
* 2 years of verifiable, mechanical work experience on railroad Maintenance of Way (MOW) equipment.
* Stick welding experience required.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Class A Certified Driver's License (CDL) required.
* Familiarity with Roadway Maintenance Equipment (Tampers, Regulators, Tie Handlers, Tie Inserters, Speed Swings, Backhoes).
* Knowledgeable of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) requirements for Railroad Maintenance Machines (RMM).
* Minimum of a High School diploma/GED.
* 18 years of age or older.
* No driving violations involving alcohol or drugs within the past 3 years.
* Ability to interpret and understand mechanical schematics.
* Availability to travel extensively.
* Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
* Wear protective equipment including hearing protection, safety steel-toe boots, or safety glasses.
* Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, including on-call 7 days a week, 24 hours per day, with extended periods of time away from home and short rest between assignments in accordance with the hours of service regulation.
* Must pass all required assessments.
* Must pass a background screening.
* Medium to heavy work, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 80 pounds.
* Work in cramped, confined, enclosed, or awkward places.
* Walk long distances over uneven terrain.
Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
This is a safety sensitive position. The candidate selected for this position must successfully complete a full physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in the position.
The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
(Background check may include the following: Credit History, Criminal History, Driver License Record History, Education Credentials, Employment History, Reference Checks and Professional License or Certification review relevant to the position.)
Code of Conduct Statement:
Patriot Rail is committed to promoting integrity and maintaining the highest standard of ethical conduct in all of its activities. The Company's reputation is founded on the personal integrity of the Company's personnel and its dedication to:
Patriot Rail is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, New Jersey
$10k - $15k
10 days ago
only 18 days until close