about 1 month ago
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This 3rd shift Mechanic Maintains, repairs and troubleshoots business operations objects which include and not limited to: production machinery, utilities equipment, etc.
Mechanic - entry level into the field maintenance technicians. Incumbents with basic maintenance experience, use of tools and equipment and a wide variety of practices and procedures. As experience and competence is gained, assignments become more varied and are performed with greater independence.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide maintenance support to location business areas in order to comply with applicable regulations, and improve objects efficiency, focusing on productivity while minimizing downtime.
Regulatory Compliance & Recordkeeping:
* Comply with all the applicable regulations such as: cGMP, OSHA, EPA, approved procedures and Quality and EHS Corporate Standards.
* Document preventive and corrective maintenance activities as per applicable procedures.
* Performs entry level maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities to plant machinery, equipment, instruments and facilities infrastructure to increase machine up time.
* Performs troubleshooting and repairs to system controls, machinery and facilities infrastructure, among others, as applicable.
* Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains etc.
* Support the creation/modification of Preventive Maintenance Schedules for system controls, machinery and facilities infrastructure
* Provide support to capital projects
* Identify and implement object improvements
* Expertise to read parts manuals, assembly instructions, trouble shooting guides, hydraulic schematics, pneumatic schematics, and electrical schematics.
* Support , RFT , TPM strategies and other change processes assigned.
* Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area. Practices excellent housekeeping in work area.
* Performs accuracy verifications on objects to ensure they are capable of producing to required specifications.
* Support set up process for production machinery.
Knowledge of the operation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate/Technical Degree in Industrial Mechanic, Electronic, Electrical, Refrigeration, Tool and Die Maker, or Instrumentation
* 0-3 years of assignment-related maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed in the essential functions.
Trade/ Technical License when applicable is required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Basic troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
* Reading and understand blueprints, drawings, specifications and technical materials
* Determining solutions
* Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
* Expertise in maintenance on operating equipment, devices and tools
* Proficient with diagnostic equipment
* Computer literate: Word/Excel
* Language: English: Read (Intermediate); Write and Talk (Basic)
* Excellent trouble-shooting, e.g., evaluating symptoms, and determining root causes.
* Focus on results
* Working independently or in a team situation.
* Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, subordinates and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
* Understanding and following oral and written directions.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, Ohio
$10k - $15k
10 days ago
only 18 days until close