Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Mechanic is responsible for diagnosis, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the plant. The maintenance personnel must be able to work in different environments, problem solve, and use tools and equipment appropriate for each job. Work will vary from day to day depending upon the needs of the plant to maintain production. The mechanic must be self-motivated, able to complete jobs in a timely manner and must be able to work productively with other employees.
* Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery and write work orders for follow-up in computer.
* Install facility machinery as needed.
* Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
* Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs). Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
* Communicate with operators, supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
* Orders parts as needed.
* Maintain and secure work tools.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
* Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures. In a manner that will least interfere with production operations and that maintains product / ingredient quality.
* Perform functional leadership roles within the maintenance team.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)and 2 years work experience as a mechanic or an Associate's Degree in Industrial Technology or an Industrial Maintenance Certificate or a Journeyman's Card in Skilled Trades.
Knowledge, skills and abilities preferred:
* Should have the ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs.
* Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment, and skill in the use and care of tools.
* Mathematical Skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
* Language Skills - ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
* Reasoning Ability - ability to apply understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
* Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and computers.
* Willingness to work off shifts, extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
* Advanced skills in one or more of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, and piping systems.
All selected candidates will be required to pass a standardized mechanical test.
Working conditions are typical of a food processing environment with manufacturing processes. Frequent walking is required. Usual noise level in the work environment is 79-94 db. Employee must be able to lift occasionally 70 lbs from floor to shoulder height and 25 lbs overhead, frequently lift and carry 50 lbs up to shoulder height. The employee must be able to push and pull 100 lbs occasionally; be able to lift, climb a ladder, crawl, kneel, squat, bend, twist occasionally, and must be able to reach at or above shoulder height and stand/walk frequently. Employee must be able to work at an elevated height. The employee is occasionally exposed to hand vibration when gripping, frequent firm gripping is required, gross and fine hand motor skills are used frequently. The employee must demonstrate neck and shoulder range of motion to allow him/her to reach and see overhead and to the floor, and be able to work in constricted areas. The employee must be able to drive a cart, a towmotor, or a lift. The employee must have the ability to be trained in Confined Space. The employee must be able to work in excessive temperatures. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, earplugs, gloves & safety harness. Employee will be required to complete additional training as directed by the company. Minimum travel may be required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, Florida
$10k - $15k