about 1 month ago
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Job Profile Summary
As a mechanic you will increase levels of customer service by performing preventive maintenance and making repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as needed in the most effective and cost-efficient way possible to avoid down time at the customer location. You will perform check-ins and repairs, and assist other mechanics with general shop and equipment maintenance as directed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform every job right the first time in order to maintain and exceed customer expectations and prevent unnecessary service calls in the field.
* Keep available equipment in good working order and in presentable condition.
* Maintain a positive and professional image of Sunbelt Rentals
* Service equipment correctly on the first attempt as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop.
* Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and customer needs.
* Assists other mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed
* Assists other mechanics with repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed
* May diagnose simple mechanical equipment problems
* Perform safety inspections on equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Meet all company, governmental and equipment-specific safety requirements
* Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
* 1 to 2 years' experience with similar equipment strongly preferred
* Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic's tools and equipment to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
* Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
* Ability to prioritize work assignments
* Personal and professional integrity
* Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety
* Flexibility regarding work assignments
* Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
* Some Trade school desired
Gear up for an exciting career!
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, Illinois, Chicago
$10k - $15k
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close