8 days ago
Primary Location: US-MN-Arden Hills
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Hiring Manager: John O Kline
Recruiter: Monica Ann Emerson
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, pelvic health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
Provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
* Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
* Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
* Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
* Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
* Monitors progress toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals.
* Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Often heads a centralized functional activity.
* Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Provides direction and guidance to lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees.
* Acts as an adviser to subordinates and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
* Evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5+ years' manufacturing engineering experience
* 2+ years' people management experience
Additional responsibilities unique to this position:
* Demonstrated ability to manage and lead technical projects and continuous improvement projects.
* Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional peers.
* Previous Medical Device experience preferred
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Arden Hills--(n/a)--Manufacturing & Operations--(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Research
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close