Manufacturing Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 1 hour Northwest of the Philadelphia, PA area. Client is looking for someone with a strong lean manufacturing background to be responsible for the development and implementation of office seating systems, conducting Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, design reviews and coordinating integration of design from all the support groups. Relocation is available and will be considered on a case by case basis.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis of seat system, identify deficiencies and recommend corrective actions for incorporation to Product Development
- Resolve product manufacturing issues using multiple problem solving methods
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) to components and assembly drawings and conduct tolerance stacksup for tooling and assembly equipment purposes.
- Support product validation testing and conduct post-test design for assembly analysis
- Document design changes and ensure all parts and drawings are released and maintained according to the Bill of Materials
- Initiate and implement process related improvements on production line
- Create and maintain Process flows, PFMEA and Control Plans
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical engineering preferred (will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- 5 or more years of related work experience of product manufacturing or design engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability with DFMEA and the ability to identify deficiencies and recommend corrective actions for incorporation to Product Development
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and translate collected information into actionable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Advance skill in MS Office including: MS Excel, Words, Outlook, Projects and PowerPoint
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.