about 1 month ago
Inston is looking for an energetic and talented manufacturing engineer to join the Sustaining Engineering team. In this position you will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support to Instron's broad product portfolio including sophisticated machinery and precision instruments, but with a focus on our large-capacity, hydraulic test machines. You will be part of a multidisciplinary group of engineers and will have frequent interaction with many Instron departments as well as vendors and suppliers.
* Serve as the manufacturing liaison between Engineering Department and Production Team for both new product introduction as well as sustaining engineering.
* Lead product planning at all levels of the product development cycle, providing input to new part set up and production schedule.
* Advocate for DFX principles and efficient manufacturing during product development and technical design reviews.
* Responsible for optimization of production lines and manufacturing processes.
* Provide engineered solutions to manufacturing and assembly problems.
* Design and document gage, tooling, and fixture designs for use in inspecting, assembling, and testing of machine components.
* Create material specifications for machined parts with a focus on optimizing the manufacturing process.
* Prepare set up sheets, quality control plans, manufacturing work instructions, and product test procedures to ensure a high standard of quality and to improve productivity.
* Develop training plans and conduct training for production.
* Work with Quality Personnel and Design Engineers to resolve non-conformance issues as they arise using both a corrective and preventative approach.
* Apply ITW Toolbox methods to drive manufacturing process improvements at both a participant and team leader level.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
* 2+ years of work experience in a machining or mechanical assembly environment
* Experience with parts produced by a variety of manufacturing processes, including all types of machining, sheet metal, extrusions, castings, and moldings.
* Experience with production and troubleshooting of hydraulic equipment strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of metrology including use of inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, and CMMs.
* CAD experience, with working knowledge of solid modeling and drafting (Solidworks preferred).
* Experience in GD&T, product lifecycle management, and documentation control.
* Must be a skilled problem solver that is both hands-on as well as analytically capable.
* Must demonstrate organizational skills necessary to manage multiple tasks at once, being able to provide accurate project status updates when required.
* Must have a strong sense of urgency and be a team player, focused on encouraging employee involvement in improving activities and promoting change.
* Ability to lead during challenging times resulting from technical or other unexpected issues.
* Must have strong people skills necessary to interact with and convey ideas to individuals at all levels in the organization.
* Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Power BI, Minitab, Access, and others preferred.
* Willingness to travel domestically a few times a year.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close