3 months ago
Ensure processes are developed and secured with the goal of meeting Manufacturing Engineering KPIs. They will be responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production process, as well as projects/staff and competence development.
* Serve in a co-leadership role within a specialized area of assignment. The individual follows the direction of Unit Manger ? Manufacturing Engineering and coordinates the business plan with peers.
* Establish and maintain the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes.
* Establish and maintain accurate production standards using predetermined time tools.
* Identify and correct Bill of Material and assembly instruction issues related with production.
* Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness.
* Lead and conduct kaizen improvement activities focused on safety, quality, and cost initiatives.
* Drive the Focused Improvement and Work Place Organization pillars within the Volvo Production System.
* Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity.
* Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes.
* Analyse and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects.
* Assist with necessary counselling, training, and discipline to obtain the optimum effectiveness of the team.
* Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities.
* Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives.
* Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
* Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change.
* Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word.
* Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented.
* Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion.
* Project management skills.
* Experience in a team-based environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation.
* Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Minimum Education and Experience
* Bachelor degree in Engineering.
* Preferred: 5-7 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent with a focus on engineering and production.
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close