about 1 month ago
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Advanced Materials Division located in Clarkston, Georgia.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will apply broad knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems to deliver results for EHS, quality, customer service, cost reductions and new product development. The primary process will be CNC grinding of ceramic parts.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Supports ceramic grinding for various established programs.
* Works to define grinding process with new programs as required.
* Tool design for special fixtures needed for improvement and business expansion projects.
* Troubleshoots equipment and process to improve yields and reduce downtime.
* Proactively communicates project direction and status to appropriate personnel.
* Provide leadership in efforts to maximize grinding process.
* Identify and specify new equipment to improve production where needed.
* Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic problem solving skills
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards
* Must be able to create, document, and update SOP and production work floor travelers.
* Must be able to provide timely engineering reviews of process documentation.
* Work with internal staff and outside vendors in support of engineering requirements for materials, tooling, fixtures and support equipment.
* Must possess the ability to communicate throughout all levels of the organization, as well as the customer.
* To identify and implement process controls.
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in a science or engineering discipline
* Minimum of two (2) years of CNC machining experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering
* Ceramic grinding
* Knowledge of CMM operations
* Minimum 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
* Desired two years of experience with 3D modeling CAD software
* Desired two years of mechanical design experience
* Knowledge and ability to use 3D modeling CAD software to generate drawings and designs for tooling and components
* Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to solve problems; self-starter
* Experience using best manufacturing practices (i.e. Six Sigma, SPC, Lean)
* Experience in leading multi-functional teams through complex projects from planning to completion
* Ability to read, follow or document drawings.
* Ability to write clear, concise work instructions in English
* Ability to read, follow and interpret documents such as safety policies and programs, OSHA standards, and operating procedures.
* Proficient using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Communicates effectively in both written and oral formats
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Location: Clarkston, GA
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at or on
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close