We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in Hutchinson, KS for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year but could be longer based on performance.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Identifies processes within the manufacturing areas to reduce variation utilizing Six Sigma (variation reduction) methodology.
- Supports manufacturing by participating on teams and assisting with corrective actions.
- Verify results of process changes achieve desired results through data collection and analysis.
- Identify and lead assigned Value Stream Team through process improvements related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Utilizes change management to be sure facility systems are updated with all project improvement changes.
- Analyze existing production machinery and new machinery on the market. Evaluate and recommend utilization of new and existing machinery to effect methods improvements and cost savings.
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of project and/or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is reuired
- Experience with CNC programming in a machining manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Good understanding of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem solving techniques, international quality standards and continuous improvement tools.
- Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO.
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.