3 months ago
Consolidated Fabricators Inc
Summary: Responsible for performing engineering activities related to researching, planning and implementing methods to improve fabrication processes through analysis, documentation and other functions.
* Prepare manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing.
* Provide manufacturing data to shop floor.
* Investigate operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
* Create estimates by analyzing current drawings, determine and verify dimensions and generate detailed line item; make revisions as needed.
* Ensure most accurate estimates are provided to Management and Sales.
* Create ERP BOM and Routings.
* Create estimates for duplicate jobs by investigating historical data; update pricing.
* Create actual cost standards annually.
* Supply material, shop labor hours, engineering and drafting hour breakdown by component.
* Plan the use of resources and schedule activities in order to meet set objectives.
* Improve existing operations, aid with incorporating new methods and processes.
* Work with design engineering to produce design build product BOM's.
* Interpret customer drawings for manufacturing.
* Monitor job progress during fabrication.Contribute to and support the Confab's Continuous Improvement activities.
* Adhere 100% to our safety policies.
* Adhere to Confab's (QMS) Quality Management System, which enables us to meet and exceed our customer's expectations.Recommend improvements in procedures contributing to the efficiency of the department and company and identifying ways to reduce production cost.
* Confer with supervisor on consistent basis to keep abreast of current costs and other job related information.
* Perform other duties, special projects and presentation for executive management, as assigned.
* Thorough knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, and materials.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications to understand customer requirements.
* Ability to prepare detailed job specific Bill of Materials.
* Ability to prepare specific Job Order Routings and Manufacturing instructions for internal and external work centers.
* Ability to schedule and coordinate flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production.
* Working knowledge of MS applications.
* Working knowledge of Solidworks CAD, CNC Equipment, ERP and /or MRP system.
* General knowledge of machining processes and Mastercam programming a plus.
* General knowledge of current inspection methods and techniques preferred, ie. CMM, general inspection tools and GD&T.
Education: Technical school diploma, B.S. in engineering preferred, equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Five years of experience in a wide variety of manufacturing processes in a job shop environment with experience in MRP system and creating Manufacturing instructions for shop floor production preferred. Related experience considered at the discretion of management.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and its subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close