about 1 month ago
Position Title : Manufacturing EngineerDepartment : Operations & ManufacturingPosition Type : Full TimeLocation : Chestnut Ridge, NYJob Code : 2016-2748 Company Overview:
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary.
We are looking for a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER / PRODUCTION CELL MANAGER. This is a position that combines the role of manufacturing engineering support with those of a traditional production cell manager. The position requires focus on 3 key objectives: (1) Leadership and technical support for a production team to meet required goals, (2) Leadership of handoff of new product designs from the product development team into manufacturing, and (3) Drive efficiency and cost savings improvements for products manufactured in the production cell. This is a high visibility development slot for those with a career interest in high tech manufacturing management.
Manufacturing Engineering Responsibilities:
* Bridge/transfer all aspects of new products from Design to Operations
* Troubleshooting of manufacturing problems to maintain product flow
* Train personnel on electronic troubleshooting, mechanical and computer skills
* Develop and execute cost cutting initiatives
* Plan and implement manufacturing processes
* Develop and execute process improvements
* Comment on new product designs and identify candidates for improvements/changes
* Create and review engineering changes
* Review and comment on manufacturing test software
* Analyze and report on manufacturing and engineering data
Cell Manager Responsibilities:
* Lead a team of 7-10 production assemblers and technicians
* Drive production cell results in areas of Safety, Quality, Production, and Efficiency
* Conduct regular team meetings to review results and build action plans
* Approve vacations and weekly timecards
* Make overtime decisions based on production needs
* Manage performance including annual reviews, goal setting
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 3-5 years related experience in the electronics industry
* People leadership and supervision skills
* Must be able to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level
* Ability to work with databases and data manipulation
* Strong test engineering background with knowledge of RF a significant plus
* Familiarity with SMT manufacturing a plus
* Familiarity of Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Test (DFX) a plus
* Requires ability to understand high speed analog circuits for troubleshooting
* Ability to develop manufacturing processes
* Knowledge of PC operating systems and PC system hardware components
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email or call 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English - Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close