Major established, growing and global company with well-respected products has an opportunity at a plant commutable to the east of Indianapolis, IN for a Manufacturing Engineer - tool area
. In this capacity will be responsible for strategic planning and execution of various manufacturing engineering duties including designing, development and supporting of deep draw stamping and progressive tools, gages and fixtures for manufacturing, introduction of product, project management of small to medium manufacturing projects, as well as general manufacturing support and team participation. Based on performance metrics will lead continuous improvement initiatives. According to product and knowledge of press characteristics and process limitations will develop 3D drawings for single stage or progressive dies for stamping, extrusion or forming presses. Will determine number and sequence of die stages in which single or progressive cutting, forming and punching will be accomplished, and type of die sets needed to produce complete part based on knowledge of dies, machines and forming processes. Will also draft scale drawings of each die set, delineating contours and dimensions for die manufacture. Will observe setup and tryout of newly developed die set in production machine to determine need for readiness or redesign for production use. Major company benefits are included.
- Prefer an engineering degree, but will consider a high school graduate with at least 16 years of experience
- Less experience can work with the right kind of experience
- CAD layout experience with a preference for Unigraphics, but will consider other packages
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skilled communicator in order to lead meetings, projects and discussions, etc.
- Requires a valid driver's license
- Experience with die design
The Cameron Craig Group is an executive search firm representing job openings in virtually every industry and job function across the country.
We combine the efforts of over 1200 recruiters throughout the US. Together, we represent thousands of job openings and enter dozens of new jobs per day.
When you apply online, your information will forward to the recruiters handling those jobs. If you are a close match, they will contact you to discuss the positions and employers in detail and then work hard to get you interviews ASAP.
All the best in your search!