3 months ago
Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (jobs that could be on the C, O, T or B/E band). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
* Managing projects and programs in area of responsibility, and ensures that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of projects.
* Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
* Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with company policies including (but not limited to) engineering/lab notebooks, patents, Intellectual property, confidentiality, ISO, safety and others as required.
* Ensures that the utilization of all material and financial resources is carried out in an effective manner to ensure maximum productivity for the area.
* Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development and coaching.
* Responsible for departmental budgets and spending requirements.
* Effectively utilizes common engineering technology and software packages for optimization of design development activities and timelines to ensure rapid commercialization.
* Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
* Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
* Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
* Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close