Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance,
plumbing, carpentry and heating/air conditioning tasks, installing and repairing equipment.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Installs, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, maintenance schedule and manufacturer specifications using hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Operates, test and maintains diesel engine unit used for emergency power and related storage tank and transfer pumps.
- Maintains and repairs air handlers, exhaust fans, supply fans, patient beds, sterilizes, generators and oxygen, vacuum and pneumatic tube systems.
- Repairs, operates and maintains hot water heating systems to boilers, transfer pumps, heating coils, piping and related controls.
- Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas and draining systems.
- Cuts and threads pipes, fits valves, couplings and other specified parts to piping sections and plumbing fixtures.
- Keeps up to date preventive maintenance records.
- Must be accessible for emergency and on-call duties on a 24-hour basis.
- Shall observe safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
License through the City of El Paso, or 3 years experience in Building Trades/Maintenance field. REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or equivalent with supplemental apprentice training or trade school training.
Three years of hands-on experience in a facility maintenance trade. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of building or plumbing codes, materials, tools, carpentry techniques, plumbing, maintenance, or HVAC trade.
- Ability to work from sketches, blue prints and written instructions. Exercise initiative and judgment in estimating method, materials and time needed to complete projects. Troubleshoot equipment or plumbing malfunctions to identify problem and take appropriate action to correct situation. Work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations. Follow oral and written instructions. Able to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Perform work in inaccessible areas.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools used in installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary period
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.