3 months ago
Performs a combination of electrical, pipefitting, carpentry, drywall, masonry and machine maintenance duties, a portion of which require a considerable degree of skill and ability in connection with the repair, modification, installation and maintenance of plant facilities, equipment and structures.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responds to resident and management work requests and takes corrective action according to established priorities.
* Performs routine and major maintenance repair on equipment to ensure proper operation.
* Performs structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, drywall and furnishings of buildings.
* Repairs building utility systems which may include electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems and plumbing systems.
* Inspects and performs preventative maintenance according to established schedules and procedures.
* Complies with all OSHA and MOSH regulations concerning building safety and "right-to-know" laws.
* Keeps maintenance supervisor abreast of all unusual problems.
* Clears sidewalks and building access areas of snow/ice during inclement weather.
* Assist with keeping the grounds clear and free of debris.
* Provides on-call emergency response as requested.
* Attends and participates in meetings and internal and external training sessions as requested.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma/G.E.D., 2 years related experience. Basic practical knowledge such as repairing molding, woodwork, and drywall, replacing electrical fixtures, switches and small motors, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, and replacing broken glass required. HVACR certification/Stationary Engineer's License desired. Must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team; interact effectively with culturally diverse and senior populations; follow federal, state and local regulations and internal procedures; provide own transportation and tools; and foster and maintain good working relationships among tenants and staff.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.; use full range of motion of limbs; bend, stoop, climb, and stand 90% of the time. Must have hearing and visual acuity and clear speech sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job efficiently.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
The Maintenance Mechanic reports directly to the Housing Manager and receives day-to-day instructions and direction from the Maintenance Supervisor. The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate initiative and sound judgment in making independent decisions regarding maintenance projects and to know when to seek the assistance of supervisory staff for unusual situations. The incumbent will interact daily with residents, visitors, vendors and staff; and occasionally with representatives of federal, state and local regulating agencies. The incumbent will be accountable for following all regulations and procedures.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMITMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position must be consistently performed using the following behaviors:
1. Honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
2. Encounter each person with Compassion.
3. Act with Humility.
4. Reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
5. Serve with Excellence.
6. Act with Integrity in everything you do.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, Maryland, Baltimore
$10k - $15k