2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic will
Set up, adjust, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, repair and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality. Specific Responsibilities:
- Trouble shoot equipment, problem solve and eliminate scrap and waste.
- Record all maintenance issues in maintenance log for each line.
- Change over equipment to new sizes, verify results after change over.
- Perform scheduled maintenance (PMs) and required documentation.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems, make necessary corrections and run adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Test equipment to verify correct operation and production.
- Analyze and record cause of production delays on daily production reports and initiate procedures to solve equipment malfunctions.
- Examine defects and analyze spoilage causes and, where possible, take corrective action and verify the corrective action has eliminated the problems.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding recurring equipment malfunctions, corrective actions taken, quality problems and supplies needed.
- 2 years machine set up and preventive maintenance experience
- Ideal candidate is a maintenance mechanic experienced with packaging machines, bottle fillers, labelers, cappers and tube machines.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must be able to lift and move up to 100 lbs.
- Must furnish own necessary hand tools.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to learn new equipment as it is brought on-line
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with a competitive compensation package, a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Medline's policy is to employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Medline Industries, Inc., is the #1 privately held manufacturer and distributor of health care products in the nation. Recognized again as a "2015 Top Workplace" by the Chicago Tribune ", Medline's commitment to growth and innovation continues. Medline is a debt-free organization employing more than 12,000 professionals and operating 40+ distribution centers as well as 19+ manufacturing facilities around the globe. Established in 1966 and family-owned for four generations, Medline has recorded 40+ years of consecutive annual growth.
Today, our sales force (currently 1,200 strong and growing) offers 350,000 products, programs and solutions to hospitals, surgery centers, long-term care, physician offices and other health care facilities around the world. Medline's expanding organization, including the acquisition of Professional Hospital Supply (PHS) in 2014, accounted for sales in excess of $8.1 billion for 2015.
In addition to our high quality institutional medical supplies and leadership position in key product categories, including exam gloves, textiles, durable medical equipment and OR kits, Medline is the maker of one of the most popular retail bandage brands, Curad. If you're ready for the next BIG step in your future, apply for a Medline position today!