An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Facilities Engineer in the Waterloo, IA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available. Ability and willingness to support a multi-shift operational facility; this position may require occasional off-shift support during times of project integration.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
- Provide engineering design and support of Foundry modifications and improvements. Develop comprehensive preventative and predictive maintenance plans for the Foundry production equipment and processes through both internal and external resources.
- Provide engineering support for: facilities construction, maintenance personnel, and other engineering and design team members. Implement equipment and process modifications to improve reliability, efficiency, quality, productivity, and safety. Manage capital projects of limited scope.
- Oversee project coordination for the installation of process equipment and general expense projects in an industrial environment, including: estimate project costs, develop project timelines, work with vendors and process owners, analyze manufacturer recommendations to create new preventative maintenance plans to optimize equipment uptime, design and detail bid and construction drawings and documentation, and supervise outside construction contractors during project execution.
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- 5+ years? Industrial Maintenance or Engineering experience. Demonstrated leadership experience (team or mentoring). Project management experience. Proficiency with computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Practical work experience in industrial predictive maintenance strategies including: vibration analysis, oil analysis, ultrasonic testing, and inferred inspections. Experience with processes and equipment related to the foundry industry including melting, molding, cleaning and core making. Larger multi-trade project management experience.
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.