3 months ago
Responsible for designing and overseeing installation of low voltage systems (e.g. structured cabling, fire alarm/mass notification, access control, intrusion alarm, CCTV, DAS, paging, specialized healthcare low voltage systems, specialized school communications systems, healthcare and audio visual systems).
* Interface/coordinate with other project team members throughout the design process to ensure infrastructure is in place to support Low Voltage Systems.
* Obtain and review other disciplines' documentation (e.g. door hardware schedules and specifications related to access control systems integration, validating IDF and MDF room sizes against program requirements) to coordinate/integrate low voltage systems.
* Act as a technical resource for Operations team requests/efforts related to designing low voltage systems design, support infrastructure, installation, and testing/certification.
* Assist in the development of low voltage design templates, standards, and guidelines to improve department accuracy and efficiency.
* Create, review and evaluate product and shop drawings submittals during pre-construction for low voltage systems.
* Review and assess product design, scope, customer requirements and performance standards.
* Source bids and review initial pricing from third party suppliers, including subcontractors.
* Interact with third party suppliers on product delivery and field deployment to ensure high quality installations.
* Conduct site reviews as needed to verify that the quality of work provided by new subcontractors meets established standards.
* Provide technical product expertise and support to staff and field technicians by phone, as needed.
* Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
* Self-directed and results-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical, project management, time management, organizational, interpersonal, strategic, communication and presentation skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues in a user-friendly, easy to understand manner.
* Experience interfacing professionally with customers and suppliers via telephone and email.
* Proven ability to work well in a small team entrepreneurial environment with all levels of management and staff.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Stays current with advances in security/access control system technologies.
1. Education / Technical
* o Four Year Bachelors or Associates degree desired.
* o Experience working with AutoCAD required.
* o Experience working with Revit desirable.
* o Knowledge of related Building Codes and related Industry Standards.
* o Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* o Proven ability to resolve complex design problems.
* o Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude.
* o Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) preferred.
* o NICET Level 4 preferred.
* o Minimum of (5) years of related experience.
We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package!
Please follow the online application process. We will contact those candidates we are interested in pursuing further as openings become available.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close