Core Job Description/Responsibilities:
* The Software Engineering position includes analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation of real-time embedded software.
* Working with software group lead, systems engineers, test engineers, other software engineers, and application team engineers in developing software with major emphasis on quality, fast cycle time reduction, reusability and commonality.
* Participate in process improvement work.
* Participate in problem identification and resolution efforts.
* Responsible for planning and managing work within boundaries set by the group lead.
* Develop clear designs using sound software engineering techniques and tools to validate designs.
* Develop materials for design reviews, coordinate design review, track issues/problem status, coordinate changes.
* Patent disclosure submittal.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with marketing, service and engine performance engineers to ensure all requirements are documented and met.
* BSCS/BSEE with training or experience with software development.
* C and assembly programming language proficiency.
* Good working knowledge of testing tools/methodologies.
* Technical documentation and analysis skills.
* Ability to work effectively in and with team(s).
* Uses initiative to identify and resolve problems/issues.
* Experience and knowledge of real-time operating systems desirable.
* Experience and knowledge of engine controls desirable.
* Experience and knowledge of embedded controls highly desirable.
* Experience with Infineon Tricore family of microprocessors desirable.
* Experience with Arm Core family of microprocessors desirable.
* Experience in programming microcontrollers in both C and assembly desirable.
* Experience troubleshooting software with emulators desirable
* Experience developing low level drivers to read/control various I/O desirable.
* General working knowledge of compilers and Makefiles
* Experience with Motorola PowerPC family of microprocessors desirable.
* Proven written and oral communication skills.
* Experience writing detailed specifications.