about 1 month ago
Combine your experience and innovative, entrepreneurial spirit by joining our growing team in South Florida. Brightline is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to make a difference while making history as the only privately funded express train service in the country!
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. The Transportation Department takes the takes the lead on ensuring our custom-built, brightly colored new trains are operating to our standards and meeting/exceeding the needs of our guests.
As an essential member of the Transportation team, you will operate our trains from the West Palm Beach Maintenance Facility and between our West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and MiamiCentral stations. This includes ensuring that the train operates safely, efficiently and on schedule; while monitoring the speed, brakes and other functions to make sure the ride is smooth and timely for our guests. You play a key role in the success of Brightline. You will be trained and after passing a skills performance test, you will become certified to operate our trains in this critical position of Locomotive Engineer.
* Operate locomotives to transport guests and provide the highest level of ride comfort.
* Perform set procedures prior to starting train operation, including reviewing daily special instructions, train makeup, restrictions and tonnage.
* Inspect Brightline locomotives for operational readiness verifying levels of adequate fuel, sand, water, and other supplies, check mechanical functions, completing inspection checklists.
* Check to ensure proper brake examination, inspections and tests are conducted as may be required by federal regulations and company standards.
* Interpret train orders, signals and railroad rules and regulations that govern the operation of locomotives.
* Receive starting signals from Passenger Conductors/Train Managers, move hand-operated controls such as throttles and air brakes to drive diesel-electric locomotives.
* Monitor gauges, meters and safety devices that measure speed, amperage, battery charge, system air pressures including cab signal and PTC (Positive Train Control) systems.
* Observe tracks to detect obstructions and maintain visual capabilities to anticipate operating problems as required. Remains prepared for and constantly alert to unusual conditions or circumstances.
* Frequently speak with Passenger Conductors/Train Managers and Train Dispatchers to issue or receive information concerning stops, delays or oncoming trains. Communicates signals, warnings and additional information to other train personnel.
* Respond to emergency conditions or breakdowns, following safety protocols.
* Inspect, identify and record locomotive defects and trip irregularities, following procedures and notify appropriate parties.
* Prepare reports regarding any issues encountered, such as accidents, signaling problems, unscheduled stops, delays or any issues affecting guests.
* You know how to operate a variety of locomotives ? and you are really good at it! Specifically, you a Certified Locomotive Engineer (CFR Title 49, Part 240) with a minimum 3-5 years experience.
* This is a physical position. You must have full mobility in seated position facing forward and to the side; physical agility to easily get off/on train equipment, manipulate between cars, bend, reach, stoop, easily and safely ride the side of trains, and lift a variety of equipment.
* Our trains operate 365 day a year. You must be able to work weekends and nights and possibly more than 40 hours a week. Brightline trains will operate on a continuous, set schedule. On-call availability is a necessity.
* You have sound judgment, thinking and acting independently, expressing clear and effective verbal communication skills to interact with guests, crew members, and others to ensure responsible, safe, and efficient train movements and customer service.
* You make logical and prompt choices, conclusions, decisions, etc., based on information provided, especially when in emergency situations.
* You operate with integrity, have solid work ethics and can get the job done without direct supervision.
* You live and breathe the operating rules and practices including physical characteristics, safety rules, air brake rules, equipment trouble-shooting practices, and emergency procedures.
Not everyone is perfect (neither are we), but if you are all of the above, AND currently hold a dual certification for Passenger Conductor (CRF Title 49, Part 242) and also have experience in: train service; commissioning new rolling stock; or customer service, we really, really want to talk to you!
Think you have what it takes? Join our team as the Locomotive Engineer. Once you click to apply below, it will take 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position, you will hear back from us within the next 30 days.
Thank you for your interest in Brightline, the Team that is Reimagining Train Travel.
*Tracking Code:* 304-868
*Job Location:* West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular 517d424fbe024a2a9dfc9c00bc438371
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close