3 months ago
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Location Preference: Indianapolis, IN - Detroit, MI - Southfield, MI
Lead Sales Engineer is accountable for technical sales support of all CTL products and services including: Managed Hosting Services, Cloud, Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), specialized application suites. Responsibilities include proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for CenturyLink's Cloud, Hosting, and Telecommunications lines of products.
* A subject matter expert for Collocation, Managed Hosting Services, and, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud
* Performs customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions
* Determine client requirements and provide designs for Managed Hosting, Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
* Develop and grow technical knowledge base in Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services
* Creatively designs solutions for customers using the best mix of CenturyLink and vendor-partner products. Alters the design as needed to result in the customer choosing the CenturyLink solution
* Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution
* Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales
* Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers
* Participates in strategic and tactical account planning
* Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers
* Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support
* Provides technical training and development support to the local branch
* Leads internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers
* The ability to discuss Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud and managed hosting with C-Level Executives
* The ability to take customer business and technical requirements and challenges and turn them into a solution.
* Business and technical requirements discovery; ability to craft a solution based on those requirements
* Knowledge and at least two year's experience in design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures. Storage network experience is desirable.
* Knowledge and at least two year's experience in configuration and support of Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Solaris operating systems, including remote management
* Knowledge of application development, VMARE, Docker, and Linux Containers
* Knowledge and at least four year's experience in Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services
* Strong Understand of the OSI model Layer 1-3
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Additional Technical knowledge:
? Customer premises communication (data, video, voice) equipment from major vendors
? IP routing and switching
? Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture
? Voice and VoIP technologies and products
? TDM, SONET and Ethernet technologies and products
? Data center infrastructure and networking
Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 6-10 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering
Demonstrated understanding of solutions in: Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Strong project management skills
Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
Alternate Location: US-Indiana-Indianapolis; US-Michigan-Detroit; US-Michigan-Southfield
Requisition #: 75428
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions ? including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television ? provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close