about 1 month ago
The Lead Hand Mechanic is responsible for supervising the overall operation of the maintenance workshops and also for performing maintenance and repair of Tractors, trailers and specialty equipment, such as vacuum trucks and Guzzlers. This position may be required to work overtime and will be responsible to maintain company equipment both in the branch office/yard as well as to respond to service calls in various remote locations and client sites. This position will oversee the operations for our maintenance facilities in Clackamas, OR and Kent, WA.
* Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
* Overseas Safety within Maintenance workshop and completes required Safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conduct daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company safety policy.
* Assign work to other mechanics and update status of ROs (ie Shop Scheduler)
* Perform all required maintenance and repairs to various types of equipment while working within the budget provided to you by management
* Supervise, train and mentor shop laborers, and any registered apprentices in the shop, as required
* Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork such as Repair Orders, Inspections, and Inventory Sheets
* Respond to client and staff service phone calls in the office and/or shop and discuss maintenance and repair decisions with customer as required, to ensure seamless communication and to keep management up to date on any issues
* Ensure expected completion timelines for various repairs are met and that equipment is repaired and sent out in a timely manner
* Ensure continuous communication with the Hub Maintenance Planner to ensure priorities are set and deadlines are met in addition to assisting in the compilation of a formal priority list during busier months
* Monitor all equipment to ensure it is in superior working condition to leave on a job or if it is in need of repair for safety reasons
* Provide support to the Hub Manager to track inventory and maintain cost controls on a monthly basis
* Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times as per office expectations, reporting all hazards and near misses as appropriate
* Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
* Previous experience in a heavy duty mechanic field, required
* Previous supervisor or leadership experience, required
* Supervise and direct subordinate mechanics in a shop environment
* Computer literacy is essential for managing workflow and updating status of equipment
* Familiarity with the various types of diesel engines, multi-compartment units (air actuators, internal valves and manifolds on tanks), Titan and flow meter gauges
* Complete Commercial Vehicle Inspection Process (CVIP) inspections
* Knowledge of D.O.T. specifications
* Oversee, coach and mentor all apprentices and other shop laborers
* Familiarity with budgeting, cost control, and maintaining an accurate inventory
* Strong background in electrical and mechanical trouble-shooting
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
* Competitive hourly wage (CBPP Competency Based Pay Program)
* Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
* Health, Dental and Life Insurance
* 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
* Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at .
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close