Title: Journeyman/ B Mechanic
Location: Field-Philadelphia and surrounding area
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Area Service Manager, Service Foreman
FLSA Status: N/A (Union)
Job Summary: Responsible for retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. Our technicians work in the field on a daily basis interacting one on one with customers. It is imperative that our technicians are not only committed to doing quality work, but are also committed to quality customer service to keep out customers saying "I want Tozour-Trane on my next job."
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Uses a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as need or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Represents Company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Provides re-training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Provides sales leads.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, subs and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on all Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Read and interpret product specifications and experience in working with building specifications, drawings and designs.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary.
- Other duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning or completion of a qualified apprenticeship program and three (3) to five (5) years related experience; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Local 420 Union Member highly preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Ability to work with all levels of staff and maintain strict confidentiality of information. Must be able to multi-task, openly communicate, work well with others and carry a positive attitude. Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with customers and vendors. Reliable, tolerant and determined. Able to get along with others and be a team player. Must possess valid Driver's License and have a clean driving record. This person must also have all qualifications per union specifications.