about 1 month ago
Rotating Equipment Services, a division of Sulzer Ltd, is the largest independent provider of repair and maintenance services for turbomachinery, generators, motors, and pumps. Our global network ensures high-quality local service and our highly collaborative work environment encourages every individual to contribute.
Under limited supervision, performs all necessary tasks in the repair and maintenance of Sulzer Pumps' and all other manufacturers' pumping equipment while strictly adhering to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications. Follows department policy and procedures manual.
* Assembles all types of pumping equipment to customer, OEM, and industry standard specifications.
* Disassembles all types of pumping equipment to gain access to remove, clean, and inspect components.
* Removes, cleans and prepares all types of pumping equipment components for inspection.
* Inspects compares and records measurements of component parts to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications using any and all types of measuring instruments, tools and gages. Prepares equipment inspection reports.
* Participates in investigating and determining root cause failure of equipment and components, and recommends repair methods and procedures.
* Determines the proper materials needed for repairs as per BOM.
* Contours impellers and pump casings to meet hydraulic requirements, following engineering directives and drawings.
* Independently sets up and operates dynamic balancing equipment, balancing component parts to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications.
* Performs final testing and inspection requirements when required.
* Performs minor set up and basic machining of non-critical component parts.
* Drives company owned vehicles equal to or less than 1500# GVW when required.
* Performs customer site pump installation and other field task similar to those identified as Essential Functions.
* Maintains a safe, neat and orderly workstation.
* Maintains tools and equipment as required to keep them in good operation condition.
* Provides information to allow a smooth transition for other coworkers to follow through with in-process work during or prior to a shift change as required.
* Assist other team members as directed, including training and assisting less experience coworkers.
* Work overtime as requested.
* Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide LEAN and EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
* Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions and exchange information both verbally and in writing
* Good analytical and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail
* Extensive knowledge and ability to use hand tools, precision measuring and testing equipment, and machine shop equipment
* Requires experience with rotating equipment
* Pump repair experience, preferred
* Requires five (5) or more years manual machining expereince
* Have a current / valid state issued driver's license
* Ability to work with limited supervision
* Ability to travel to work at customer sites when required
* Ability to work overtime as required
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close