about 1 month ago
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we're encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, "What if?" Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, "together" can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB "together" also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And "together" means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. "Together" means that we are engaged in the communities we serve ? we live there ? and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB! HNTB Corporation is currently seeking an ITS Engineer III in our Detroit or Okemos, MI offices to evaluate and deploy designs related to ITS elements such as fiber optic network systems, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras, Dynamic Message Signs (DMS), and vehicle detection systems on major transportation projects.
Active and future projects will include major transportation infrastructure improvements including express lanes systems, toll systems, freeway traffic management systems, arterial signal control systems, and incident management systems.
* Responsible for discipline engineering designs.
* Responsible for productivity of staff and on time, on budget projects.
* Manage planning, design, and construction phase engineering services for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Traffic Engineering projects.
* Develop ITS elements such as active traffic management (ATM) systems, freeway and arterial management systems, real-time information systems, connected vehicles, and other ITS infrastructure.
* Design and oversee the development of project plans and specifications related to Traffic elements, such as maintenance of traffic plans (MOT), pavement marking, signing, and traffic signals.
* Complete safety studies, traffic signal optimization studies, and traffic modeling tasks.
* Provide assistance during construction such as shop drawing reviews and responding to construction requests for information.
* Prepare and manage project scopes of work, staff hour estimates, and schedules.
* Assist in the supervision, scheduling, and checking of work of project team members.
* Coordinate with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
* Work in a team environment on challenging Transportation projects for Public and Private Sector clients.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, plus 5+ years of related experience.
* ITS and Traffic engineering design experience.
* Licensed Michigan P.E. preferred.
* Familiarity with pertinent national, state, local, and industry standards.
* Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) project experience preferred.
* Roadway design experience using CAD preferred.
Environment and Physical Requirements: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
"EEO is the Law" Poster
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close