about 1 month ago
The IT Security Engineer will help drive the implementation and
adoption of the company's security program as well as contribute to
the ongoing evolution of the program. Paramount to the success of this
role is the IT Security Engineer's ability to provide exceptional
skills to secure company's enterprise systems and networks as well
as the Cloud application. MUST LIVE IN ***. AND NO C2C - THIS IS A
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT ROLE.
Company is a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing
transformative solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over
10,000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than
300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have
implemented companys solutions in 42 countries on six
continents. Company lives deep in the middle of Things and Big Data
and other advanced technologies every day creating mission-critical
applications for major global users. They get excited about producing
great enterprise solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plan, implement and manage company wide security infrastructure
such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, end-point security, vulnerability
scanners, web application firewalls, etc.
* Contribute to the development of and manage information security
monitoring tools, techniques, and control activities defined by the
company's Information Security program.
* Perform periodic vulnerability scans on all IT systems to ensure
continued compliance with industry standards including PCI DSS;
evaluate security posture of the company
* Coordinate remediation of any findings and recommendations from
internal and external audits and risk assessments
* Research and recommend hardware and software solutions to augment
or enhance existing security measures as needed
* Investigate and report any security violations and incidents and
ensure proper protection and corrective measures have been taken when
an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
* Conduct scheduled reviews of key application security settings
* Coordinate with different groups to ensure that all application
and OS environments are patched on a regular basis
* Conduct periodic access reviews for critical applications and
server administrator access.
* Contribute to the development of the Information Security
department's strategic plans and tactical initiatives necessary to
achieve long-term goals related to information security.
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of Information
Security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
* Conduct risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing
controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business
processes, applications and systems.
* Provide recommendations to mitigate risks through the appropriate
use of technical, procedural, and administrative controls in
accordance with legal and regulatory compliance standards and
established industry best practice.
* Participate in various systems and application development
projects to ensure that tasks assigned to the Information Security
department are completed.
* Perform other duties of the Information Security department as
assigned by management.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
Master's degree in Computer Science is a plus.
* Security related certifications (_GIAC, SANS, CEH, CISSP_) are a
* A minimum of five (5) years professional experience in
_NETWORKING, INFRASTRUCTURE AND SECURITY_. Well-versed in best
practices and evolving architecture trends, including experience
utilizing cloud _IAAS_ and _PAAS_ and building _SAAS_-based
* Experience in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols
such as _OSPF_ and _BGP_ with _SWITCHES, ROUTERS, LOAD BALANCERS,
* Experience with _CISCO ASA _and _F5 LOAD BALANCERS_ strongly
* Experience with_ ACTIVE DIRECTORY_ security and management.
* Strong understanding of _WINDOWS _and _LINUX OS_.
* Strong understanding of _PKI_, _SSL/TLS_ protocols and web
* Experience with _AWS SECURITY_ is a plus
* In-depth knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and compliance
procedures such as_ SARBANES OXLEY_, _PCI_, and _HIPPA_ as they relate
to security practice.
Company offers a competitive base salary and a full benefits package
including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a
company match. Of equal importance, they provide the opportunity to
do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with
its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional
challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day. MUST LIVE IN
***. AND NO C2C - THIS IS A FULL-TIME, PERMANENT ROLE.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close