Come work with a tight knit group of highly qualified engineers. At Xenon, each person is an integral part of the team and we pride ourselves on quaility of work, customer service, and job fulfillment.
- Provide technical expertise for the specification, design, purchase, installation and commissioning of instrument and electrical systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, control valves, analyzers, and control systems including programmable logic solvers and emergency shutdown and safety instrumented systems.
- Provide ongoing technical support to operations and maintenance departments on instrumentation, control valve, analyzer and PLC system problems.
- Analyze data, troubleshoot performance, conduct root cause analysis, and make recommendations to improve instrument , control valve, and analyzer reliability.
- Provide scoping, cost estimates, and preliminary engineering design work for the development and preparation of "Authorization for Expenditures".
- Evaluate and select instrument, control valve and analyzer solutions.
- Design and procure instrument/electrical components and systems for maintenance, capital and turnaround.
- Develop and obtain approval for management of change documents.
- Make decisions involving technical issues, budget considerations, project schedules, and safety with a minimum of supervision.
- Provide accurate specifications for instrument, electrical and control systems.
- Review and approve design drawings for construction.
- Monitor and direct activities of engineering and construction contractors for progress and quality to ensure compliance to company and industry standards.
- Coordinate independent engineering reviews when appropriate.
- Support pre-startup safety audit operations.
- Manage refinery critical instrument list and its compliance with corporate standards; support the development of critical instrument proof testing procedures.
- Extended work hours, evening/night/weekend work hours and after-hour callouts occasionally required.
Position level and salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Relocation assistance is available.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required: Instrument or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of full-range instrument engineering experience in a petroleum refinery or petro-chemical plant required.
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak effectively before groups; ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, design standards, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of Triconex, Allen Bradley, and GE PLCs a plus.
Xenon, Inc. is a full-service engineering, integration, and field service solutions provider for Process & Environmental Analytics, Industrial Instrumentation & Automation, and Electrical System needs. Visit our webpage at for additional information.
Xenon's strategic acquisition of Stammen & Associates, an eminent leader in Process and Environmental analyzer Engineering and Integration services since 1985, strengthened Xenon's position as a total solutions provider.
Xenon's reputable Engineering staff has extensive refinery instrument and analyzer experience, including system engineering and design, project management, reliability stewardship, Environmental compliance and maintenance management.
Xenon has established partnership agreements with, and is the preferred supplier for various prominent PLC and analyzer manufacturers. Complimented with its best-in-class product line and Engineering and Integration resources, Xenon truly is your partner for success