about 1 month ago
TitleInside Sales Application Engineer About the OrganizationCogent is a growing, Midwest company in the fluid pumping, water processing & treatment business. Our companies include Automatic Engineering, BRI, Catalyst, Fluid Equipment, iME Solutions, Lee Mathews, Vanco, Vandevanter Engineering, and Water Technology Group. Together the Cogent companies provide best-in-class water and waste water process solutions and technical services. Description
Cogent's Vandevanter Engineering division located in Fenton, MO and is currently seeking an Inside Sales Application Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Sales preferred) along with previous experience in inside sales and technical support. A good understanding of pumping equipment and applications is desired.
Typical duties of Inside Sales Application Engineer may include:
* Works closely with salespersons to determine essential strategic approaches for sales; provides technical assistance, pricing strategy, competitive review, installation and service information.
* Performs specification review, interpretations and quotation preparation.
* Compiles submittal documentation for bid approval and conducts final review on approved submittals.
* Sources product quotes from vendors.
* Analyzes customers' requirements and engages in consultative selling with clients; provides value-added services and products to solve customer problems.
* Provides timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries.
* Completes work order forms for purpose of order entry and invoicing.
* Handles cancellations or changes in sales orders and communicates changes to appropriate personnel.
* Reviews purchase orders to ensure the customer's technical needs are met.
PositionInside Sales Application Engineer Position Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Knowledge of administrative processes, policies, and procedures related to a sales department and material flow.
* Previous experience with engineered solutions preferred. Experience in the pump and pump processing industry highly desired.
* Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to read and interpret dimensional drawings. CAD drawing experience is highly desirable.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Highly energetic and self-starter.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and plan work; ability to multitask with shifting priorities.
* Ability to work alone and within a team environment.
The desired candidate will also be highly motivated, willing to challenge and improve the Company's existing processes, and must be adaptable to perform other duties as needed.
Creative, entrepreneurial and industrious people are Cogent's most valuable asset. We value our employee's hard work and in return provide competitive wages, benefits and career growth opportunities. To begin your rewarding career with Cogent, apply today!
Cogent is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/D/V
EOE StatementCogent, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law. Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time LocationFenton (VE) DivisionVandevanter Engineering
This position is currently accepting applications.
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close