3 months ago
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking an Industrial Mechanic at our Engineering and Construction facility in Webb City, Missouri. The Industrial Mechanic will assist the Mechanic Lead in the management of the mechanical team, provide technical expertise to team members and perform mechanical tasks as necessary.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Understand fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems.
* Understand fundamentals of project management.
* Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot.
* Ability to plan/prioritize tasks.
* Good oral and written communication.
* Highly motivated.
* Analytical thinker.
* Operate vehicles covered by DOT regulations.
* Functional computer skills.
* Functional understanding of drawings.
* High School Diploma or GED Required. More than 5 years related experience required. Trade school certification desired.
* Travel required up to 75%.
* All Applicable Powered Industrial Trucks.
* Safety/Environmental/Compliance/DOT training as applicable.
* Welding certification (6G).
* Crane/Rigging certification.
* OSHA regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Stay Safe: Perform all work in a safe manner, report all unsafe conditions, work practices and work related injuries so that corrective action can be promptly initiated.
* Be familiar with the Playbook/Playlist.
* Know the Core Values
* Know the "PLAYS"
* Know the Functional Team Model and apply it in your daily interaction with other TAMKO employees.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures (i.e. attendance policies).
* Effectively support capital projects and/or maintenance work-orders through the following behaviors:
* Teamwork: Put the success of team above your own interests. Help your team, and your teammates, be successful. Be open to giving and receiving feedback.
* Dependability: Follow instructions and respond to management direction. Take responsibility for your actions and keep commitments.
* Project focus: Refer all requests for work which are outside the original scope of the job to the Team Leader or Construction Manager.
* Quality: Ensure craftsmanship of all work performed. Look for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
* Communication: Assist the Team Leader by providing accurate information. Listen and get clarification when needed.
* Execution: Support the Team in driving projects to an on time completion. Follow the plan and operate with a sense of urgency. Take initiative.
* Resource: Assist the Team by ensuring material resources are utilized in the most economical manner possible.
* Budget: Pursue cost savings in all areas.
* Fabricate and install equipment and parts.
* Perform basic maintenance tasks (i.e. replace or rebuild pumps, bearings, couplings).
* Perform housekeeping and safety related tasks (i.e. job-site cleanup and fire watch).
* Maintain personal and company tools and equipment in a serviceable and clean condition.
* Be costumer service oriented. Treat customers with courtesy.
* Perform other tasks as designated by chain of leadership."
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close