Trojan Battery Company has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in our Lithonia, GA battery manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Operate a wide variety of tools and instruments (including multimeters; hand tools; power tools; computers)
- Perform machinery and equipment examinations to troubleshoot for defects/visual wear in operation.
- Perform basic electrical testing: motor testing; fuse/continuity checks; voltage/resistance/current relationships.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic power principles.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Must have worked in a PPM environment.
- Basic knowledge of Ohm's Law (Electrical formulas and equations) and NEC (National Electric Code).
- Ensure timely repairs necessary to minimize costly downtime and to maintain production schedules.
In addition to solid manufacturing and maintenance leadership experience, here's what you'll need for success:
- Must be an effective team leader and team player.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Experience with baghouses, waste treatment systems and environmental control systems a plus.
- Three to five years relevant experience in a fast-pace manufacturing environment; technical degree desirable.
- Read/follow blueprints, and draw simple schematics
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and two years technical trade school or college related to electrical and/ or mechanical trades or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Must be able to work any shift, any hours.