9 days ago
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled mechanic who safely perform diagnostic, maintenance and repair of equipment, pumps and systems in the Hydrometallurgical process and infrastructure.
* Performs component diagnostic, replacement and repairs on, but not limited to: Upenders, rigidizers, mixers, compressors, overhead cranes, fire systems, pump systems, and hydraulic systems. May also work on Pit dewatering systems
* Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance by checking oil levels and changing oil, checks seals for leakage, grease, maintains compressors, checks filters, etc.
* Perform the removal, repair and installation of piping and pump components, such as: valves, expansion joints, and check valves
* May operate mobile equipment such as: Hydro lifts, mobile cranes, forklifts, man lifts, overhead cranes, boom trucks and light duty vehicles
* Perform welding (Mig, Tig, and Stick) on structures (stairways, guards and handrails, etc.) and equipment (piping, cathode press, upender, ext.)
* Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
* Mentor and train other employees
* Performs as a Fill-in Supervisor as required
* Perform other duties as required
* Two (2) year's experience in industrial mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
* Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, TIG, Stick)
* Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, plumbing, blue prints, schematics, and fabrication
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair
* Knowledge of pumps (valves, expansion joints, check valves) and ability to repair them
* High School Diploma or GED
* Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
* Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
* Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
* Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
* While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
* Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
* Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
* Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
* Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
* Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
* Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
* Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
North America, United States, Arizona, Phoenix
$10k - $15k