Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the manager of mechanical systems, perform duties associated with the inspection, repair, maintenance and operation of all HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, water coolers and specialized hospital equipment. Work independently off shifts and weekends and become familiar with the specifics of the hospital HVAC systems.
- 1. Customer Service
- 1.1 Wears proper uniform and I.D. card when answering service calls.
- 2. Preventive Maintenance
- 2.1 Makes proper rounds, signing all assigned clipboards and making rounds within the established time frames. Notify your lead man if you are unable to complete your rounds at 2:45pm (days). Log book entry if off-shift. notify your lead man if any contractors have moved into any machine rooms. Any defective equipment fouind on rounds should be repaired or put in the logbook and on the shop status board.
- 3. Repair Work
- 3.1 Repairs are completed professionally and in a timely manner.
- 4. Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Proper techniques and equipment are used to evaluate and analyze a problem efficiently.
- 5. Energy Conservation
- 5.1 Turns lights out when leaving mechanical rooms.
- 6. Cost Savings Opportunities
- 6.1 Makes an assessment of time and cost to replace or repair on assigned work. Discuss with your lead man if there appears to be a more cost effective means to complete the assignment.
- 7. Weekend/Holiday/Off shift Responsibilities
- 7.1 Carry your beeper and radio , responding to SRC calls, Order #1`s and to protecive services as requested.
- 8. General Responsibilities
- 8.1 You are to be in uniform at the start of your shift and follow the departmental uniform policy.
Position requires graduation from high school plus formal training in refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning. Training in electrical and electronic circuits and controls is required.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience with extensive exposure to installation repair and maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning and heating systems.
S-2 or D-2 Ct. state HVAC license and a EPA refrigerant reclaiming certificate.
S-2 or D-2 Contractor's License is required. Must be able to modify or redesign parts of a system to enhance performance. Position requires EPA technician certification Type 2 or Universal (preferred). This certificate is obtained by attending a training seminar or by training programs run by local HVAC/Refrigeration supply companies
lifting 40 pounds, bending, kneeling, ladder use to 20 feet.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.