Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is co-owned by more than 700 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedidcated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as wegrow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
We are seeking an Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer in the Dayton, OH/Beavercreek, OH/Wright-Patterson AFB, OH areas.
MTSI s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
For additional company information, please visit: Responsibilities:
MTSI is seeking a mid-level engineer with experience in guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) system analysis and modeling. Candidates will be responsible for GNC system characterization; software development and analysis; data processing and analysis; and development of model representations and simulations. Candidates will have an opportunity to work with and learn from a team of experienced engineers and senior subject matter experts.Qualifications:Required Skills:
- Candidates should have at least four years (or two years with Master's degree) experience in guidance, navigation and control system analysis that could relate to algorithm development; inertial and satellite navigation technology; sensor fusion and integration techniques; and classical and modern controls. Candidates should have knowledge of guidance and navigation techniques of various aerospace vehicles and an understanding of kinematics and dynamics, and how to model them.
- Candidates should have demonstrated skill sets in modeling, simulation, and analysis software such as MATLAB/Simulink and experience in at least one or more high -level programming languages (e.g. C, C++, or FORTRAN).
- The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
- The candidate must have the ability to interact with data suppliers, work well with coworkers and interface with customers, all at disparate locations.
- The candidate must have outstanding communication skills in conveying complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products. The candidate must also have outstanding technical writing and presentation development skills.
- The candidate must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply them in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at any given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
- The candidate should possess familiarity with the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Intelligence Community (IC).
- The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to the Dayton, Ohio area
- Specific experience with inertial instruments, inertial measurement units, and global satellite navigation systems and their use in navigation and guidance systems.
- Specific experience in performing guidance and control error analysis
- Specific experience developing mathematical models of aerospace vehicle guidance and control components and algorithms
- Programming skills in MATLAB, Simulink, and C/C++
B.S. degree or higher in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering.Clearance Requirements:
TS/SCI eligibility is required. An active TS/SCI clearance is desired.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Associated topics: augustine, autocad, construction, dot, engineer i, engineer pipeline, js deu, office, recruitment, systems engineer