3 months ago
* This position can be located anywhere in the US *
Responsible for helping to generate sales revenues for West Geographic Information System (GIS) products and services and work with West executive leadership to develop tactics and strategies designed to achieve sales goals; maintain a working knowledge of technical capabilities and functionality of West platforms, systems, technologies, and applications to ensure they can actively and competently carry out sales support role; discuss, present, and demonstrate the assigned business segments systems to prospective clients in an accurate and efficient manner to emphasize the value and benefits of West GIS solutions; provide support to West and West partner sales staff in the development and implementation of specific sales and negotiation strategies to acquire new business; develop and maintain response information materials for Requests for Proposal (RFPs), coordinating RFP responses with the West product and sales team and designated internal or West partner personnel; provide advice and input on sales support materials and communication strategies.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or University with major case work in GIS computer science, marketing, engineering, business administration, or related field required
* A minimum of a 1 year Certificate in GIS from an accredited college or university is preferred.
* Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
* Minimum five years increasingly responsible experience in software engineering or technical sales required.
Based on area of assignment:
* Minimum of 4 years experience using ESRI GIS software required.
* Minimum of 3 years working in GIS preferably in the Geospatial, 9-1-1 or public safety industry required.
* Minimum of 2 years customer service experience, preferably in the 9-1-1, telecom, or public safety environment required.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in a lead role for GIS related products or processes preferred.
* Advanced ArcGIS Desktop knowledge required.
* Basic knowledge of ArcGIS Server administration is required.
* Basic knowledge of Python is preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Database management Systems or SQL Server is preferred.
* Remote Desktop Applications knowledge is desired.
* Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access is required.
* Ability to travel
Applications will be accepted through*12/30/2016*
Do you share our passion of "work worth doing?" Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation's best who are interested in making a difference. If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
If you work at West Safety Services, you?ll never take 9-1-1 for granted again. For more than 35 years, we?ve been a leader in an industry where the stakes are high, as are our expectations of each other. We recruit the best talent because our success is measured in lives saved, in communities protected and in assets secured.
Our 9-1-1 and other emergency communications technologies provide the essential link between telecommunications firms, wireless carriers, cable and security systems providers and public safety agencies. The proliferation of smart devices, sensors and new media are fueling our recent innovations that help guide emergency responders and public safety professionals as they assess complex, critical situations in real-time.
Not only do you finish each day knowing you have helped save lives but there are also some great perks in addition to compensation, competitive health benefits, paid time off, and a 401K, ?.
* Access to hundreds of online and in-person training courses to help you understand our solutions, develop your skills and become more effective both personally and professionally.
* A spacious gym with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, weights, and even group classes.
* Community outreach through a 501(c)(3) non-profit that supports local youth, seniors, and our military.
* On-campus dry cleaning service and much more
West Safety Services is an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Please Note: The Company has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and during employment. Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification ? criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment. Please note, marijuana remains an illegal drug under federal law. We have federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the federal Drug Free Workplace Act. West Safety Services is a tobacco free workplace.
**Organization:** **West Safety Services USA*
**Title:** *GIS SALES ENGINEER (Nationwide)*
**Requisition ID:** *116306* 9d9e3402b85f451f80367fbc95de0ca0
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close