- The design and development of FPGAs and digital modules (VHDL/Verilog) in a communications related environment.
- The FPGA Engineer will apply hands-on FPGA firmware expertise, embedded firmware skills, technical creativity, and strong technical management skills.
- Demonstrate embedded firmware programming, including FPGA firmware design.
- Development of test harnesses to verify developed items using self-checking test benches
- Integration of the developed firmware on the target hardware with other system components and software
- Creation of supporting design documentation
- Recommend strategies and develop plans that satisfy client/customer needs as well as business values and strategies
- Develop detailed design specification, participate in hardware/software allocation process
- Develop technical performance measurement criteria for assigned projects
- Provide progress and technical updates to project manager
- Interact with consultants, developers, engineers, and other professionals assigned to projects and other customer work sites
- Participate in proposal preparation and preparing written product deliverables
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of engineering experience in electronic product development preferably in a communications industry
- Experience with FPGA firmware design and developing design specifications
- Experience in broadcast audio/video technologies
- Experience in network technology, knowledge of low level networking techniques
- DSP, communications and radio experience preferred
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with outside vendors and maintain committed delivery dates
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Manufacturing experience in electronics component environment.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile and may have to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
It is the policy of Janteq to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Janteq will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Janteq Corp. designs and manufactures High Definition video digital microwave transmitters and receivers for Government applications and the Broadcast industry.
We offer a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefit package of two weeks vacation, six sick days, nine paid holidays, 401(k) match, a rich health insurance package which includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period, AFLAC supplementary insurance, FSA and much more!