3 months ago
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network ? a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at . Follow us on LinkedIn or join the on Twitter.
FiltrationEngineer, Global Water Organization
* Create, design and develop advanced and innovative water filtration technologies and product concepts for Point of Use and Point of Entry water treatment systems
* Develop and evaluate advanced filtration media into workable filtration concepts and products to aid product development using experimental and modeling tools
* Conduct technical evaluations and tests to a number of development programs / projects leading to new products, product features and innovations in Water space and other core categories
* Contribute to technology road maps and supporting decisions on technology choices & technology advantage. Initiate relevant technology project proposals, prepare project plans, and assist manager in determining project and lab needs
* Develop correlation of theoretical results with actual lab results by working with lab personnel on verification tests, conduct tests if needed, analyze and interpret test results
* Develop test plans, lead the design and build of test rigs, set up and manage chemical and mechanical performance of drinking water filter performance tests
* Keep abreast of new developments, materials or processes for use in adaptations to Whirlpool products
* Contribute to IP generation to protect our market and product leadership with sustainable innovations
* Supervise lab staff as required
* Provide technical support in the area of expertise as needed
The position will support and managearchitectural innovations and technology development programs and projects inWater and Filtration. The primary responsibilities include synthesizing andanalyzing superior filtration technology and engineering knowledge withunderstanding of our opportunity choices to help create the innovation content.The Filtration Engineer will deliver projects through concept & productdevelopment using advanced analysis/modeling, prototyping, marketexperimentation, and robust design through Whirlpool tollgates.
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field.
* Experience in an engineering field
* Thorough knowledge of water treatment and filtration technology & processes, including physical separation, chemical separation, and biological separation processes
* Understanding of the effects of individual and combined chemicals and compounds found in water, dissolution and speciation properties/behavior of water contaminants, solubility equilibrium and isotherms relating to design of water filters and filtration / media efficacy
* Understanding of regulatory compliance and standards such as American National Standards Institute in relation to performance testing of filtration processes and products
* Good interpretation of the effects of changes in feed water chemistry to the water treatment process and end-use requirements
* Able to calculate, interpret and determine the performance and condition of water filtration systems
* Able to lead, perform and interpret routine water analysis, i.e. pH, conductivity, alkalinity, hardness, chlorine, chloramines, turbidity, particulates, TDS and other ions
* Experience in use and data interpretation of analytical methodologies and instrumentation used for water analysis such as Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectroscopy (ICP-MS/OES), Gas Chromatography (GC), Ion Chromatography (IC), High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS), Total Organic Carbon Analyzer, UV-VIS Spectroscopy and mass spectroscopy is a plus
* Ability to evaluate new materials, components and systems during product development
* Experience in laboratory research, safety protocols, quality assurance & control, and record keeping are a plus
* Strong analytical and practical engineering skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment
* Concentration in filtration technologies, product development, technology testing & verification
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
North America, United States, New Jersey
$10k - $15k