4 days ago
**Danaher Company Description**
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples? lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
The Field Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service support of existing customer base. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Field Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, and maintenance of Beckman Coulter equipment at customer sites. The engineer will be working on Flow Cytometry analyzers.
* Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Beckman Coulter technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company
* Call Closure -Using our computerized system, a FSE is responsible for closing service calls at time of completion. This action then prompts customer invoices, relieves inventory of parts used and ultimately leads to our objective of accurate reporting.
* Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a ?first time fix?
* Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding
* Strong communication and listening skills
* Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
* Managing Call Escalations -ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
Financial Management & Growth
* Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their District. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements monthly base billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
* Achieve annual revenue target with expected year-over-year growth of 8-10% -12%
* Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses, signed, with receipt by the 10th of each month.
* Submission of weekly time card via KRONOS by end of business day on Friday
* Able to effectively price and position Service agreements on both existing and new equipment, taking into account expected costs to proactively manage profit margin
* Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
* Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI?s
* Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
* Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
* Value Selling -add value to our service offerings. A FSE must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering other services (i.e. reagents, consumables, additional or new equipment leads, service on non-agreement instruments, etc.).
* Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales growth
* Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Sense of Urgency -must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
* Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills -must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
* Ability to adapt -must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
* Flow Cytometry experience preferred.
* Able to travel 25 -75% of the time
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
Education and/or Experience
* Associates mechanical, electrical, or biological degree or military equivalent clarify
* 3 years of prior field service experience in related field is preferred
* Highly computer literate (especially in Excel, Oracle, Sales Force, Pro Service a plus)
* Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
* Commercial experience, including direct selling of products or services
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries. A globally diverse team of 71,000 associates, we are united by our culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which is our competitive advantage. In 2014, we generated $19.9B in revenue and our market cap exceeded $60B. We are #149 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20yrs.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We?re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you?ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Organization:** Beckman Coulter
**Job Function:** Technical Service
**Primary Location:** North America-United States-NC-Charlotte
**Req ID:** LIFea96d80048d493ed74fd8b3129f6
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, North Carolina, Raleigh
$10k - $15k