Summary of Position Requirements:
To assist the Project Manager and Superintendent(s) in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. Main responsibilities consist of managing plans and specifications, RFI's, and submittals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid the Director of Construction in organizing and tracking construction documents (also during Course of Construction).
- Review plans and specs for accuracy, consistency, and scope designation.
- Coordinate with DOC and site team to create and clarify subcontractor scopes.
- Assist distributing, collecting and processing bid packages as needed for final budget pricing.
- Review subcontracts and purchase orders for accuracy.
- Create and maintain the submittal log in Procore.
- Request, collect, and process all project submittals, including city-deferred submittals.
- Set up and manage the following Procore: project directory, cost codes, spec sections, upload and publish drawings, submittal log, and all files in the 'Documents' tool. Aid DOC and Project Manager with the budget, schedule, and meetings.
Course of Construction:
- Observe how to manage a project.
- Create, manage, and distribute RFI's (also can be in Pre-construction). Other LMICS team members may also create RFI's.
- Arrange, participate in, and, if necessary, aid with meeting minutes for various meetings including: Weekly LMICS project team meeting, Subcontractor Pre-Contract meetings, Pre-Construction meetings, weekly Owner-Architect-Contractor (OAC) meetings, monthly accounting job cost meetings, etc.
- Coordinates with DOC and PM to create weekly and monthly project reports; including taking weekly project photos.
- Ensure as-builts are updated regularly.
- Aid project team in the use of Procore.
- Verify accuracy of all items in Procore.
- Review the project's construction documents, looking for possible future problems and conflicts.
- Update and monitor all construction documents with changes and addenda.
- Walk the site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and report all unidentified unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifying dimensions, cleaning beam bottoms, checking cable chairs, verifying proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensure that all subcontractors accurately complete and submit their daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Record work progress on daily reports by issuing subcontractor's reports and observations.
- Accept deliveries, verifying quantities and noting any discrepancies.
- Develop, organize, and track office documents as directed by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Help create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Prepare and submit daily mancount reports, documenting number of worker on jobsite in morning and afternoon.
- Check all rough trade's work prior to inspection by structural engineer.
- Walk truss inspections with structural engineer.
- Comply with company safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assist DOC in requesting, collecting, vetting and processing change orders.
Track and file building TCO and CO documentation.
Collect and compile all close-out documentation for owner turn-over including: as-builts, submittals, warranties, etc.
Assist in closing out all accounts.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Bachelor's degree in construction or related study is required.
At least one year of experience in construction is required; preferably multi-family construction.
6 months - 1 year prior related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice
- Knowledge of PC and construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up on and carry multiple projects through to completion.
Experience waiver: Management reserves the right to amend, modify or waive any education, experience or skill requirement for this position.
Equipment and Tools Used
- Company to supply Field Engineer with related office equipment.
- Microsoft Office
- MS Project
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Blue Beam
- Open and Read PDFs and Drawings
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Must be able to read volumes of information.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Must be able to perform math calculations including some advanced math.
- Must be able to analyze construction documents.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Need to be able to apply deductive reasoning to problematic situations.
- Must be able to communicate desired objectives to general contractors, subcontractors, managers, consultants, associates, customers and other business-related professionals.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Must be willing to work in a corporate or field office (job trailer).
- Work extended hours and weekends as needed to facilitate the project.
- Office and personal facilities provided at the job site that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact will with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Founded in 2011, LMC is a Lennar company that offers development, construction management, and property management of apartment communities nationwide. LMC specializes in luxury (Class A) apartment homes in Garden, Mid-Rise, Hi-Rise, Mixed Use, and Student Living style communities.