FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE ROLE
High Level Overview of Company, and Role Responsibilities
.*This Role can be located in either Chicago, IL - Charlotte, NC - or Irving, TX
.* Email IT Recruiter in charge of this role: (see below)
Esteemed Fortune 500 Company Located in Chicago, Illinois is in search for a strong F5 Network Engineer to be responsible for the researching, design, building, testing, deploying, analysing, administering and maintaining the enterprise network environments. Your role will include monitoring and controlling the performance and status of enterprise network environment technology components, providing technology problem resolution. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of Scripting and automation skills ( not a requirement).
Technologies Used: F5 Load Balancing, GTM, LTM, APM, LTM, Cloud Service, DNS, Infloblox, DNS, AWS, Azure
- Manage one or more of the following activities (concerning new or existing network hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): research, analysis, selection, planning, and engineering.
- Manage collaboration with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that modified network hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, production environments are developed and maintained and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business functional and performance requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze, plan, coordinate, and execute network life cycle projects.
- Execute Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and Scripting.
- Plan, manage, and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requests (Request Center, Deployment).
- Represent network teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, create CRE estimates, document, and lead solution in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources.
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components.
- Manage efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analysing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software.
3+ years in the Networking field with a strong background in the following skills:
- MUST HAVE DNS protocol expertise, within an TCP/IP stack comprehensive knowledge, inclusive of functionality, integration and association within major operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux) and network products (Cisco Routers and Switches, F5 APM, GTM and LTMs, etc.)
- Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and Scripting
- Technical Leader of a team in an enterprise level environment
- CCNP certification at minimum
- Management and Administration of E-Health, Gigastor, Anue, NetQoS or similar Network Management technology.
- Expert level knowledge in all the support tools required to support such environments, eg dig, host, nslookup, tcpdump, wireshark,
- Ability to manage circuit bandwidth
- Scripting ability with Python, Perl or other Scripting languages, for the purpose of automation and highly scalable modifications in large environments
- Experience with SNMP and integrating Network infrastructure into network management systems
Preferred - ability to provide support in other areas of network infrastructure:
- Experience managing a Cisco routing and switching environment
- Experience in Cisco Wireless controllers functionality and deployment
- Experience leading teams of engineers as SME in the specific area of expertise