This position is responsible for performing set ups and change overs, and maintaining production for U.S. Baird and Platarg eyelet transfer presses.
* Must be able to run all manual tool room equipment to make and groom tooling for eyelet transfer presses, including ID/OD grinding
* Plan and lay out work and perform most difficult and exacting bench and machine operations to construct, fit and assemble highly complicated eyelet tools, dies and gauges
* Plans and performs a sequence of tool room machine operations where recognized methods are available on work involving close tolerances and fits requiring judgment to make general decisions on quality, tolerances, etc.
* Setup and troubleshoot complex production tooling and component quality issues at the press
* Repairs and replaces production tooling when needed
* Certified journeyman or apprentice toolmaker with 2 years' experience
* Ability to handle all aspects of metal forming from print to production
* Ability to use all manual tool room equipment including cutting, heat treat and grinding
* Strong mechanical background
* Able to read blueprints
* Experience with deep drawn metal products in high speed transfer presses and/or cosmetic parts is a plus