3 months ago
Job #: 177592
If you are an experienced Equipment Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Equipment Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Equipment Engineer will include:
* The position will be responsible for assisting RF Engineering in creating the correct Site Modification Requests, Site Data Form, the determining and adding of DC power, Battery and HVAC requirements, entering these into the Network Flow/Siterra tool as well as proving information to the EMIS and other databases current.
* The position will keep current on standards and apply those to the process.
* The Equipment Engineer will have a thorough knowledge of AC and DC power equipment..
* Expect position to have knowledge of cell site equipment, including Lucent, Ericsson and Motorola. Knowledge of RF equipment will include basic components and their function, such as base stations, amplifiers, duplexers, combiners.
* Position will also have knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and possess strong organizational skills.
* Provide complete equipment specifications for Network projects as defined by network deployment plans.
* Engineering plan covers cell hardware, transmission equipment, power equipment, batteries, cables, floor space planning, HVAC, and miscellaneous hardware.
* Manage the budget for equipment.
* This includes processing orders and invoices in a timely manner.
* Analyze work orders and coordinate with equipment vendors, facilities engineering and radio engineering groups to assure that equipment is configured to meet network requirements.
* Design, specify, and document special equipment configurations when required by site-specific construction situations.
* Work closely with all engineering groups in the Network team including RF Design, Traffic, Real Estate, Construction, Equipment Engineering, Operations, and System Performance.
* Effectively manage vendors and consultants.
* Work with vendors to obtain quotes and ensure their products and services meet requirements.
* Manage outside vendors and contractors to effectively meet shipping and installation commitments.
* Request authorization for funds, write purchase orders, and manage procurement activities using PeopleSoft Purchasing system.
* Ensure departmental compliance with company procurement and equipment installation policy. Create pick list/ship requests and ensure equipment arrives accurately in field to meet project requirements.
As a Equipment Engineer, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* 3+ years' experience
As a Equipment Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 35 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for the Equipment Engineer position include (but are not limited to:
* Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
* Paid time off, including holidays
* Life and disability insurance
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close