3 months ago
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Equipment Engineer 1 will plan and direct activities to optimize processing systems and filling line performance and drive continuous improvement by focusing on OEE, improvement programs, reliability, PM programs and troubleshooting problems while meeting required quality, compliance and delivery targets. You will support the system operators and EMTs for equipment problem resolution. This position will maintain a relationship with equipment suppliers to support equipment modifications and derive strategy and resolution to technical challenges.
The Equipment Engineer 1 plays a key role in equipment selection for new projects and cost savings initiatives. This role will also support cross functional teams of Engineers, Maintenance, Facilities, Manufacturing and Vendors in the execution of specification (URS), design, commissioning (FAT, SAT Characterization testing), installation, documentation and technical training for capital equipment projects. This individual will be a Subject Matter Expert for Process and Packaging Engineering in the areas of continuous improvement, equipment troubleshooting, equipment installation, validation support and equipment/packaging project start-ups.
1. Manage the execution of multiple engineering projects from conception through manufacturing handover. Ensure positive results for technical, financial, schedule and organizational performance, while ensuring that capital projects are on budget.
2. Supports manufacturing operations by identifying, initiating and driving continuous improvement or resolution of operational deficiencies of process, filling and packaging operations by leveraging process excellence tools while fostering a culture which focuses on process robustness.
3. Develops and implements processes and systems to measure line performance and prioritize improvement areas to reduce downtime and improve quality and throughput
4. Perform analytical, statistical and engineering studies to support development of new equipment acquisition, improvement of packaging processes and the optimization of resource utilization.
5. Supports the development and implementation of equipment for new products, processes, and capacity expansion plans, including qualification activities.
6. Leads the equipment change process by working with Validation, QA and QA Documentation to ensure all aspects of equipment change has been tested and evaluated for assigned projects.
7. Provides training to supervisors, operators, and electro-mechanical technicians (EMT) as needed in all applicable SOPs.
8. Assists with project proposals and cost estimates as well as gathers project related quotes. Provides costing estimates for projects and products. Assists with quotation bids and bid evaluations with the team, vendors and purchasing department.
9. Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the project tasks in conjunction with the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer (SME), depending on complexity and scope of projects.
10. Work with Engineering, Validation and QA Documentation for timely and complete development and documentation of functional system specifications, interface specifications and commissioning test plans (FAT, SAT).
11. Support execution of risk assessment plans for new equipment in order to prove out any technology risk areas or identify gaps prior to installation.
12. Monitor and report project performance metrics, progress and status to Operations Engineering and Executive Management.
13. Ensure the creation or procurement of user manuals, maintenance manuals, system documentation and training materials.
14. Supports Health & Safety programs and cGMP initiatives and understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
2. 0 to 5 years of experience in executing GMP manufacturing capital equipment projects. Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or OTC industry is preferred.
3. Familiarity with mechatronic system design: pneumatics/hydraulics, control systems, motion control, PLC programming.
4. Background in liquid filling equipment and sealing technologies ?bottle sorting, filling, capping, labeling. Induction and heat sealing. (PLC logic and servo motor applications is a plus).
5. Communication and presentation skills are required.
6. Strong analytical skills troubleshooting and managing complexity in ambiguous time critical situations providing strong decision making skills using sound engineering and economic factors.
7. Strong team-oriented mentality and demonstrated responsibility for project completion.
8. Ability to train and motivate team and coworkers.
9. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid Works, Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing desired.
10. Computer literate (MS Office and Statistical programs).
11. Up to 25% domestic travel with the potential for international travel.
1. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards in a production environment around automated equipment.
2. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
3. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, trade shows, etc.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close