3 months ago
Arcadis is seeking a Junior to mid-level Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer to support projects in our Tallahassee, FL office location. This is a position for a motivated individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting.
This fulltime position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting senior level managers and multiple projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting Project Managers (PMs) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks.
* Coordinating and delivering of on-schedule and on-budget tasks.
* Preparing subcontracts and overseeing the work of subcontractors.
* Performing fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys.
* Conducting environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial system and in-situ technology treatment design and assessments.
* Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memorandums.
* Office work may include task coordination, data compilation and interpretation, cost estimates, health & safety plan preparation, report writing, regulatory file review, proposal writing, project strategy development, schedule and budget management, and establishment of subcontracts.
* This position will be in the field 60 to 80% of the time.
* 1 to 2 years of remediation related experience mandatory, including performing environmental sampling
* Bachelor's degree in Geology or Environmental Science, or other related discipline
* Experience working alongside contractors and subcontractors
* Candidate should be health and safety-focused, and able to work successfully in a team setting
* Per security requirement, must be able to gain security clearance, and able to pass a thorough background check
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 3-5 years of remediation experience
* Ability and willingness to pursue Professional Geologist license
* Current 40-Hour HAZWOPER
* Experienced around heavy equipment, excavation, and construction work
* Operation and maintenance experience on remediation systems
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close