Entry Level Truck Mechanic - Diesel Technician
$$ HIRING BONUS UP TO $1000 $$
Are you currently in school or have recently graduated from a diesel tech program? We have a position where you can use your skills and training in hands- on learning environment.
Join our dedicated fleet shop maintaining trucks for a popular beverage distributor in the area! Servicing a good variety of equipment ensures well rounded skills. Enjoy a well-equipped shop and multiple training opportunities throughout the year. The dedicated fleet shop ensures all techs become familiar with the equipment; no fixing repairs that were completed elsewhere, etc. From Class 8 Tractors, Trailers, Lift-gates, to passenger cars and forklifts we pride ourselves on making as many in house repairs as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use of smartphone, laptop and tablet technology to record all repairs
- Repairs and maintains customer vehicles and mechanical equipment.
- Perform PMI's on tractors, trailers and other diesel powered equipment.
- Perform all types of engine, brake, drive train, electrical, and A/C repairs.
- Test drive vehicles under 26,000 GVW. Assist other technicians when needed.
- Must be able to work independently
- Standard tech owned tools are required.
- Major shop tools and diagnostic equipment is Provided
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); must currently be enrolled in a Diesel Repair Program or just graduated or have previous exposure to and strong interest in truck mechanics.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ASE Certification in PMI & Brakes a plus
Valid driver's license.
CDL license a plus or must be able to obtain.
VEHICARE will pay for CDL exam fees as soon as CDL is obtained. An hourly pay increase is also possible, in some cases, after CDL is obtained.