about 1 month ago
Position: Account Manager (Entry Level)
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1 350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world's leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces with coating solutions and equipment. The Surface Solutions Segment operates a dynamically growing network of currently more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centers in 36 countries.
The Entry Level Account Manager, Automotive will focus primarily on developing new business and applications where coatings for automotive are beneficial for the customers cost saving efforts. The individual will be required to manage existing accounts in the USA automotive industry. This position is also responsible for generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating services to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The Entry Level Account Manager, Automotive will be required to provide a consultative selling approach, requiring him/her to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents, as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers, to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding automotive components for treatment. The individual will be interacting in the Oerlikon Balzers global automotive team.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 108 locations in 35 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage exiting accounts in the area for all market segment and customer activities
* Develop new business by working with production staff and Product Managers as needed
* Manage new growth projects by himself and orchestrate support functions
* Document test results in detail and interact with segment experts nationwide and globally to solve upcoming challenges
* Grow current automotive accounts, manage growth projects
* Perform prospecting in the area for future business
* Must be involved in special projects as needed
* Maintain relevant customer/account information using Balzers CRM database
* Bonus eligible position
Minimum Skills Required:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering; equivalent experience may substitute
* 1-2 years of experience selling in a manufacturing or industrial industry (automotive experience preferred)
* 1-2 years of experience with service or consultative sales approach preferred, but not required
* Broad understanding of automotive applications
* Experience selling PVD coating and surface treatments preferred, but not required
* Proficiency working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Work, and PowerPoint) is required
* Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
* Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role
* Must be willing to travel overnight 15-30%
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close