10 days ago
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is Currently seeking an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer for our Fairfax, VA Headquarters. Duties will include building information modeling (BIM), design, drawing production, specification writing, discipline coordination between the various trades, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code reviews for MEP systems for Dewberry projects. Focus will be on the mechanical systems for buildings, however, this position may also include assisting with other building systems and the construction process in the various engineering disciplines practiced by Dewberry: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, construction services, energy modeling, and commissioning.
The work may include base building and tenant interior systems on government, commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, hotel, transportation, education, and other types of projects. Successful candidates may be requested to participate in opportunities at other Dewberry offices.
Duties may also include the review of MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and clients, and working with others within the Dewberry organization.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
* BS Mechanical Engineering or Architect Engineering degree
* 0 - 3 years of experience with MEP projects, especially, mechanical system design.
* Experience in running HVAC loads and energy modeling using Trane Trace software, preferred
* Experience using HVAC Solutions software is preferred.
* Experience designing mechanical systems for buildings in Revit and AutoCAD
* Must be a self-starter with initiative, drive and determination
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
* Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
* Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
9 days ago
only 19 days until close